Hi everyone! ☺️
Wow, it’s been a while. (Almost two months, I can’t believe it!) I’ve missed you all and blogging so much! 💗
In case you missed my last post, I took a break from blogging because I was at a month-long residential summer program, learning about video game design! The summer program was such a fun, amazing, and unforgettable experience, and I miss all my friends so much already. 😭 Take me back!!
I’m sad to say, I’m still taking a semi-hiatus from blogging because school started on August 9th, and it literally sucks all my free time out of the day, especially since I’m in my last year of high school. (I’m sure many of you can relate. 🙃) For now, my goal is to post at least once per month. I’m sorry that I won’t be blogging as much (as much as it pains me), but I hope you guys can understand! 💕 Thank you all for your support and kindness, as always. 💞
But *ahem* anyways, let’s get to the point of this post! I’m here to answer some questions for the Mystery Blogger Award!! Thank you so much to the lovely Amber @ ambsreads for nominating me for this award! You’re so kind; I appreciate this so much. 💖
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three facts about me
1. I’ve lived in three countries over the course of my life so far: China, Canada, and the United States (in that order). I don’t remember much of my life in China, though (☹️), since I was really young when I lived there. I remember a bit from my life in Canada (it was always really cold, but snow is amazing!! ❄️) and obviously, since I live in the U.S. now, I can remember it pretty clearly.
2. Currently, my favorite genre to read is YA contemporary. I used to love fantasy (and I still do), but now I love reading contemporaries so much more. ☺️ I think it’s because contemporaries are becoming more and more diverse, and I’m loving it. (Representation is so important.) I love reading books that have realistic settings, and the books that I can relate to the most are contemporaries.
3. I’ve traveled to many places around the world, including Toronto, Ontario; Seattle, Washington; London, England; Barcelona, Spain; Rome, Italy; Guangzhou, China; Shanghai, China; Beijing, China; New York City, and so many more. I’d love to visit Hawaii, Singapore, and any city in Australia someday. I love traveling (although I get motion sickness 😩) because I enjoy getting to experience and learn about different cultures. And whenever I go to China, it’s great to learn more about my own culture, as well. 🙂
4. (Sorry, I know that I’m only supposed to say three facts about myself, but I just remembered one more very important fact!!) I LOVE boba (or bubble tea, as you may call it); it’s literally my life lmao. It’s the absolute best and I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH. If I could have boba every single day, I would. :’)
1. What is your favorite thing about where you live?
I love that there is so much delicious Asian food (and boba!!) where I live. 😋 I love ramen, pho, and all Japanese & Chinese food!!
2. What is your favorite genre to watch and read?
To watch…any show that makes me laugh, tbh. And it should be diverse, have amazing & supportive friendships, and address important issues & topics. (I’m just describing Brooklyn 99 at this point, lmao. And yes, it is the best show.)
To read…I kinda already answered this in my three facts about myself, but contemporaries!!
3. What are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Bookish wise, I’m looking forward to these releases the most: Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman, Wildcard by Marie Lu, The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee, and What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera.
Life wise, I honestly cannot wait until I finish all my college/university applications and finally send them off to the schools I’m applying to. The U.S. college application process is so. freaking. complicated and stressful, and I can’t wait until it’s over by the end of this year/beginning of next year. 😩 (Good luck to all of you if you’re going through this process as well! 💕)
4. Which character would you love to have as your best friend and why?
Oops, I’m not going to name a book character here (I’m sorry!!). I’m going to have to say, Jake Peralta from Brooklyn 99. As immature as he can be sometimes, he genuinely cares about all of his friends and will stand up for them no matter what. He’s also really funny and can always make you laugh. ❤️
5. Show me your favorite book cover!
Oh, I can’t choose just one! You guys should know how indecisive I am. :’) Anyway, here are three of my favorite book covers! 😍 I love all three books so much; they all mean so much to me (in different ways). 💞
(Sorry if you’ve been nominated before!)
- What is your favorite thing about being a blogger?
- Are you the type of reader to DNF a book you dislike, or do you finish a book no matter what? Why?
- What are your hobbies or talents besides reading?
- Spell out each letter of your name with a book or song!
- Share a bookish confession!
How have you been? What was your favorite book that you read in August? What are you excited to read this month? Tell me everything! I’ve missed interacting with you guys in comments.
Do you like traveling, too? What about boba/bubble tea? DO YOU LOVE B99 AS MUCH AS I DO? What’s your favorite book cover(s)? Can you relate to any of my other answers? Let me know what we have in common!
Hope you all have a wonderful September! 💗